Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Monday 20 August 2012

54mm Project Stage Two.

With me happy with the Trousers and not wanting to work on the rest of the white items until the buttons and facings etc. have been worked on it's on with the coat. Whilst not quite the challenge of the trousers it's still going to be tough to get the shading to be subtle enough not to appear blocky. This may well be the only stage I complete today.

I started with Dark Blue and worked up the shades a drop of Ivory at a time. At about four shades I gave it a blue ink wash then repeated the lightening effect and finally three coats of ink to meld the shades more smoothly. The pictures make it look like it needs more work but when looked at inside it looks much better.

I have painted over a few white leather straps but these can now be picked up whilst tidying up the rest of the white.


1 comment:

  1. Looking good Ian. The expression on his face is great and I'm looking forward to seeing how you brought that out.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.