Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Thursday 24 January 2013

3D Snipers For ASL



I'm still running with the 28mm reminders and I still have loads left to either source or are waiting for me to paint up so obviously I need to be thinking about moving into another theme or idea to add to the list of things to do. Actually the idea came fast on the heals of Andy H's original Sniper Reminder. In fact it would be a quicker and easier job than the Sniper Reminders. The idea as the title says is a physical figure actually on the board. This one though will not act as a reminder of your number, no this one will help you locate where your sniper actually is on the board!

The figures shown are a couple from the packs I picked up the other day and are 15mm Forged in Battle 40 fig packs. I don't think I will need all 80 but you never know. As you can see from the two pictures above they stand out fairly easily. OK the map area is really small and counter clutter at the minimum but the typical game has 20-60+ counters and can go into hundreds so it's possible to occasionally loose track of the actual sniper counter when that SAN gets tagged. 

The actual finished version will of course be painted but it will also be mounted on a hexagon with the numbers 1 through 6 etched into it. I am having these costume made by warbases (who else?) which give the direction the sniper would move on a random die roll.

So if I start to moan about not getting anything finished or an army taking to long to make the table you can remind me about yet another project I have got into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.