Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 24 February 2013

Kids Storm The Paint Desk!

No not really but they did ambush me and take over the dinning table for a morning of fun with paints and plastic Citadel figures. Being kids I expected about an hour tops from them but no they stayed at it for the whole morning, about three and a half hours with a minor sweetie break in the middle. I was on paint mixing and brush cleaning duties which kept me at their sides for much of the time. It was just great to see them making up their own minds about colours etc. These are more work in progress shots as both of them want to do some more to them. Both of them have a box full each of plastics I gave to them recently, I can see part of every weekend taken up with this painting malarkey whilst the interest holds. Not a bad way of spending time with your kids, though we also have been playing a lot of Eurogames over this week so not as much painting from me as normal.

These three figures were done by my six year old son. He decided to repaint the Dwarfs beards bronze, well they are Chaos Dwarfs after all. Originally he had painted the beards red. Early on before he started to loose concentration and began to hurry he had really good brush control. I am rather pleased with his work.

These three are from my two year old daughter, OK I am joking she is eight and had strong ideas of what she wanted to do. She still has lots to do, especially on the chap to the left but we dragged her off to visit Gran. I was especially proud that she picked out the arrows on the Dwarfs hat.

Now they are sure their fame is assured and will be reading any comments left, autograph signing has been pencilled in for a week Sunday  ;-) 

7 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you spend the time to indulge your children in this way, and help develop their creativity- and it appears they have inherited some of Dad's undoubted ability!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Love seeing posts like this. They paint far better than I did when i was young

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really like their colour choices. This makes the figures images of flight and fancy and so much more fun than if a boring old adult had painted them. Kudos to you for being such a good Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, just got to love that pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely paintjob, must be very rewarding to see such good efforts. Get them started on the 6mm chaps next (and it will save your eyesight!)

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.