Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Friday 1 November 2013

What Every Adventurer Needs.

We all know that every adventurer needs at least one walking French Banquet. In this case the Dwarf in my game has Flog the Dog and also Spank the Pony. Spank has actually been with Bastion since he, err removed the reason for it's previous owners need for said Pony.

This is one of the miniatures I bought somewhat over a year ago and treated to some serious Detol treatment. It's a Citadel Miniature but pre-dates the plastic bases but it needed a larger base than it came on so the bits box was checked.

The beast has a nice mix of items on it and whilst the characters owner did not give the exacting instructions as per the Dwarf I was asked to make it match the mood so I mostly went with a mix of neutral or earthy colours with just a little splash here and there for effect.

I still have to finish the base work to make it look that bit more finished and hide the metal base a little more fully. Very little ink has been used so it's mostly shading.

Anyway it was well enough received by the Dwarf so I get to keep my fingers attached to my hands and the players had a good second session with the story starting to develop. That's worth a post of it's own in the near future. Next Fantasy figures on the desk will be some Orc's but I have yet to post about the last two adventurers that I managed to finish the night before session two but like Smack they await final base work.

10 comments:

  1. Looks pretty good!

    Regards
    Bruno

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work Ian!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola
    Bueno esos burritos de carga
    un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time I've read the phrase "French banquet". Going to have to tuck that one away ;)

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great paintjob on it and about the only thing missing from it is the kitchen sink

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments, looking forward to finishing the base and those of the two adventurers

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.