Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Saturday 1 February 2014

Building of the Week Leven Miniatures Yet to be Released Building

It's been five days since my last post, I am a blog-aholic. Sorry for the more than limited output at Castle Willey. I would love to claim it's because I have been painting like a demon for the Analogue Painting Challenge. Now while I have done some painting it's been disjointed and not hitting the brushes for long at a time. I'm a little unsettled as I have a few things I need to thrash out and I am also away with work for the best part of two weeks from tomorrow. As such I have spent more time with the kids and Cath as it's no longer the normal thing for me to be away. 

Of course this means I won't be doing any more painting for the best part of two weeks. I hope to submit an entry tonight to Curt but post that I will be out of touch. I come home Thursday for the night and in the office Friday before going to Frankfurt till late Monday but given I won't get a day off till the 15th don't expect to much input or comments on others blogs, simply put, I will be too knackered.

So onto the reason for the post. This building is not yet (as far as I can find) been assigned a product code so may well be the first time the building has been previewed. Though it might actually be recognised from something else.

Leven have a Timber Watermill GEN09 that this building is based on. I mentioned that this building without the wheel and trough would make a great warehouse and Mike agreed and here we have it. The same can also be said regards the stone watermill (hint hint).

This time I went with the doors being the same colour as the wood planks of the rest of the building, after all it's just a general purpose work's building and would be shown little love. 

This is backed up with the slightly untidy planking for the upper story. It's all in the small detail that have made Leven my favourite building supplier.

Detail you can see in something as plain as the roof, the texture really makes painting the roofs a breeze as you just need to dry brush and the detail comes to life.

I had previously missed a little extra texture, that on the doors, here you can see the same approach bringing to life the side door. Gosh I do like my Leven's




6 comments:

  1. Another wee building I see Ian and again it is to your usual high standard and i can understand why you like them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paul, seems it's all I have time to paint at the moment LOL

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Happy. I am home from round one just got round two to do now.

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Nice building and have a good time in Frankfurt!

    Kind regards
    http://wargameterrain.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Frankfurt's going to be hard, really hard. It's a tough venue as it involves a lot of walking as I am visiting the Chinese hall and the show is massive, but it's an experiance.

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.