Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Stringbags - Rules for WWI Aircombat


I am declaring Gary Amos rules here, only wargames figures actually count towards expenditure on wargaming so these rules are free. Actually they almost were as they cost just £5 off ebay with a couple of pounds added for postage.

When I bought the planes from Heroics & Ross I did ask about rules and one of the customers recommended these so I grabbed a set when I found them. Apart from the creased corner and slight dog eared pages they are in very good condition. I just hope my son will be able to get on with the rules. I have only had a very quick scan of the rules so far so can't comment on them but from what I have seen they look to be worth a go.

Whilst some may be fans of Wings of War/Glory the price and size turn me off a little and I like the idea of painting my own up. At the moment we have just ten planes, five for each side but I know if we get going at this I will get a load more, the small scale (1/300) of the planes hopefully will allow for a game on the table. So I have a few reading and run through sessions ahead of me and of course at some point I will have to assemble and paint the blighter's, yes another diversion has caught me and hooked on.

4 comments:

  1. Ian, if you are interested in another fun set of WWI air rules, give Canvas Eagles a try. CE is FREE and great fun.

    http://www.eaglesmax.com/eagles_downloads.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, will have a look at these. Playability with a bright seven year old is the most important factor so which ever does this best will get the gig

      Ian

      Delete
  2. I'm really interested in seeing how you fare with these Ian, I am curiously tempted by the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the smaller scale that 1/300 give you over the Wings of War, expect some answers in a couple of months at most

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.