Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 9 November 2014

Bloody Orcs

Anyone paying close attention to my Lead Mountain posts may realise I have claimed a number of finished models yet to be seen on the blog, well to start addressing this I present seven orcs that have already seen action in a roleplaying session.

I bought these from a very disorganised vendor at last years Castle Donnington show so they have been in my queue for a little over a year. Given how long so much of the figures have been waiting not too bad.

They are old Grenadier sculpts but had been (according to the seller) cast more recently though some of the figures had that old lead look about them. They had large mould lines on them which took a lot cleaning but did leave nice looking figures.

I started them quite a while ago but as I already have quite a number already and as such did not actually need them until the other night when I needed far more than the players could handle and we had a right old time of the players (and others) fighting a running battle through the streets.

I wanted them to look as if they had been busy hacking up other humans so went heavy with the blood on the swords, well it is Fantasy after all. Only got a decent shot of the backs as the camera focused on the background.

Still got a few more posts to do on the figures painted in October, yes I am that far behind which will be a good job I think as I have a busy month ahead of me with a few nights away.

14 comments:

  1. Awesome looking models, especially like their cleavers; a real Uruk-hai feel about them, though I'd imagine these figures were made before the LoTR film trilogy? Nice and bloody too. Good stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes these are old boys now, funny I like the chunky weapons as well and not normally a fan of such

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Nice painting and stunning work on the bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the basing style was originally for 28mm Lee just converted it for 6mm and then showed me how to do it. Before that it was all a flocking mess

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I really need some of that blood paint you use, will pick some up one day

      Ian

      Delete
  4. I like there and the Grenadier range is very nice, pity it has gone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had a real charm and grittiness all in one

      Ian

      Delete
  5. Hey Ian - Your stuff always looks good.

    You catch the game? Oy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Happy,

      I was watching the London game then had some ASL action online so missed it, seem to keep losing the easy ones :-(

      Ian

      Delete
  6. Looks good. Nice choice of skin colour over the usual bright green commonly seen.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I just don't like the green on Orc's, funny as green is the way to go for Goblins

      Ian

      Delete
  7. Those are the late (early 90s) Grenadiers and i really like the look of them they paint up nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good to paint and I think will be getting a lot of use

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.