Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Sunday 28 December 2014

Building of the Week Leven Church With Spire

Leven Miniatures supply a big selection of Church's this one is CHU04 at £2.50 and is typical of the English Churches on offer. I don't know if they are suitable for much of Europe though I suspect they can be used at least through France, the Low Countries and maybe Germany. 

I have had another go at stained glass windows and think these have come out a little better than previous and will use this style in future. This starts with Red and added Blue-Violet, Field Blue and German Orange. It needs to look quite dark as stained glass from the outside is quite dark and not really easy to make out. In reality these windows should b much darker.

I could not resist adding a weather vane to the spire which is in fact a Eagle from a Baccus French standard, just seemed to much fun to not do it.

Again lots of detail to pick out and a mix of ink washes and dry brushing does the trick. I think I like this Church more than CHU01 which I also painted up way back, possibly 2012!

Again Mike has done a great job and has the right balance between detail and overall look. The buttress work that make this Church stand out are well proportioned and detailed. I could have spent more time on these to add that bit more to it but went for the more simple paint job to show what you can d with a spare hour (less I would say). 

I will revisit when I have a base the correct size and then I will base it up with a graveyard and a few trees or something but that is down the line.

4 comments:

  1. Graveyard and trees to come? That sounds fun. And I like the weather vane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, this is going to be in the dead centre of town ;-)

      Go Steelers as well, we had a great game, hope Bell is OK though

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Nice effect with the stained glass. Levan does very good buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike, I love the variety, price and quality mix that for me makes them the best 6mm buy on the block for 6mm

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.