Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Adler Prussian Landwehr

These Adler Landwehr seemed to take forever to finish but here they are at last. The 2nd Landwehr Infantry Regiment of Pomerania was part of the IV Corps 14th Infantry Brigade. I don't know how involved it was in the 100 days campaigns though it looks to not have had anything notable happen to it.

1st Battalion, the flags are all just generic Landwehr flags as typically little is known of them if they indeed carried any at all.

I have used line skirmishers as Adler do not supply Landwehr skirmishers, hopefully this will change for when the range is re-sculptured in the future. The Landwehr themselves need this as a number of the strips were quite heavy with flash. Not a deal breaker but when you are cleaning up six battalions worth in one go it can be tiresome.

Once cleaned up of course you have some lovely looking figures. The second battalion I reversed the flag which was quite common.

These have no role to play in our Waterloo game but do come close to rounding off the IV Corp which had the most troops committed to the Waterloo battle. I will be filling out all four Corps as time rolls on by though if we decide to do some of the Prussian battles from the campaign this will be accelerated somewhat.

I spoilt the 3rd Battalion giving them two mounted officers. Either that or they are getting a rollicking from higher up, seems the guy in blue is pointing with attitude.

I still have enough figures for another twenty one battalions of Landwehr so  I can work on these guys without worrying about running out of figures. 

I have another Regiment to blog about and two cavalry regiments. After that I will for the time being be concentrating on my Ancients for my own collection (in three scales) though I have more Napoleonic's for Steve and Sunbeam on the desk at the moment.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely Ian. Do you mind me asking what blue you are using for those Prussians - I Like it a lot.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Vallejo Prussian Blue 70.965 as a heavy drybrush over Ultramarine Blue spray by Army Painter and lastly apply Chestnut Brown ink from Windsor and Newton but only a light coating. I take most of it back off on the brush

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Superb Ian. Really nice looking units and the bases set them off a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic looking unit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These guys are lovely Ian,
    What rules do you use and does that govern your base sizes and unit numbers?

    I'm looking to get into 6mm naps to at least collect a few brigades of Russians, French, Austrians and Prussians if I enjoy doing them.
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have developed our own rules which borrow from various other rule sets. Each base represents a Battalion of infantry (60x60mm), regiment of cavalry (60x30) and two bases each with a gun represents a battery (each 30x30). Command (30x30) for CinC (3-4 figures), Corps (3 figures) Brigade (2 figures).

      Need to playtest the attacks on Hougoumont and Le Haye Saint to make sure they are tough enough to absorb enough punishment to make it tough to take.

      They do suck you in a little, just a few, ok a few more, how did I end up with so many? But I still need...... ;-)

      Ian

      Delete
    2. Thanks Ian,
      Yes I can imagine, a whole battalion or cavalry regiment on a base is very eye catching and they have the same wow factor that micro armour had for me as a kid.
      Cheers
      Paul

      Delete
  5. Nicely done Ian! You're certainly a master in making 6mm look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, though some of the guys on Perfect Six (see previous post) make me look shoddy ;-)

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.