Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Work In Progress


Seeing as my production is down I thought it best do a work in progress post so you can see I have not actually stopped painting :-)

Post Joy of Six I have took about ten days off but have been making some progress on some British Nap figures. The three battalions of Highlanders you see above should finish off reasonably quickly now that the fiddly bits are done. Muskets, socks and facings are the main parts that need painting on these fellows whilst I have 96 standard skirmishers to do a little more on. 

The Riflemen are the least advanced of all the infantry though I will be painting the rifles themselves when I do the muskets so these will progress over the coming week.

I also have a bunch of ACW 6mm part painted that I will finish off once the Brits are finished, these are for Lee. Once all these are finished I can move onto some of my own figures for awhile. I fancy up-scaling and will work on the 28's seen in the background for roleplaying with the wife and kids :-)

I also plan to start working on the 32mm Arena Rex figures from the Kickstarter as much for the joy of working with such excellent figures as to use them. Not that 6mm will be left for long as I will be getting back into the Ancients as I have a few pike blocks to get on with.

Lastly don't forget about picking my next history book as discussed in my previous post, you can vote by clicking on any of the three choices to the left of the most recent post.

8 comments:

  1. Look at all those splendid chaps in red tunics - marvellous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nearly finished now, just tonight's session to go

      Ian

      Delete
  2. I voted but it doesn't look like it counted me yet. Dunno why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems some of them are slow to get up but it catches up later

      Ian

      Delete
  3. Those Highlanders are coming on nicely Ian :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamsin, really looking forward to getting them finished

      Ian

      Delete
  4. Blimey! Tartan in 6mm, they really catch your eye. Superb painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the blue on green ones don't pop but I guess they wouldn't in reality anyway

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.