Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Saturday 5 September 2015

The Other Partizan...................

Image result for Kelham Hall newark images
Well I won't be making anyone rich at Kelham Hall tomorrow as I head into the third month without a single figure purchase. Simply put I have so many figures I want to paint it's not worth me getting any more. Well unless I see something I really want that is.

What I do want though is to buy a few replacement paints and probably some new colours as well. I went all spreadsheet and 5.45 this morning I was putting the finishing touches to the list.  I probably will pick up a few more bases and such but I don't see me doing much more retail wise.

Looking forward to checking out some games and hopefully getting The Boy into a few games, the Minion Racing game looks a likely candidate. I look forward most to catching up with friends at the show. I will of course visit Peter at Baccus just to see if my resolve will stand up to the test.

To help keep my hands in my pocket I received a package today that has some Commands and Colors goodness in it but more on that in a later post.

Lee like me is not really on the hunt for stuff to buy, we have looked at what we need for next years game and it looks like we are mostly sorted so no mad painting of figures, just sorting out the terrain and buildings by the looks.

6 comments:

  1. Sadly I won't be going this year. But I genuinely hope you have a top time, and, as usually happens to me when I take a list, perhaps you'll stumble upon a genre, scale or manufacturer you've not considered before and who clears out your wallet :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missed you but on the plus side I did keep to the very short list................................ almost

      Ian

      Delete
  2. Wouldn't have minded being there ourselves Ian but they were full so I missed out. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a terrible show for 6mm, I don;t think a single game was 6mm and not much in 15mm. You would not have had the experience of Joy of Six or the Boarders. More than one person came on the Baccus stand whilst I was there to point out 6mm is ....... insert your own negative cliché about size or 6mm and you get the idea

      Ian

      Delete
  3. I went to the UK for Salute this year again. Like you I had it perfectly clear that I didn't need to buy anything at all. When I left the show some 200 pounds lighter than when I went in I knew I had got it wrong once more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really wrong, just not right in the way others see it LOL

      I spent far more on entry and drinks than on the hobby but it was a good time and I am happy with what I did bring back

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.