Saka Light Cavalry

Saka Light Cavalry

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Persian Levy Infantry by Baccus

These have been painted up for awhile now, just not got round to blogging them. They are Baccus figures from the Persian range. APE04  Persian Archers to be exact. I need a bunch of these as the Persians relied heavily on missile power. Worked a treat until coming against more determined Greek armies.
So three units to start me off, I will do a few with Pavise (big shields) though by the time they faced Alexander such devices were more or less discarded. Typical of Baccus these needed little prep and were fairly easy to paint though they took a little longer as I painted them in mixed coloured clothes for a more irregular look.

Each base holds 36 figures so they should show a nice bit of mass on the table. Originally they were on strips of four but being in three ranks I have snipped off one to two figures and mixed the front rank again adding to the irregular look. 

I need to paint up a few more cavalry units and paint up enough command for a game and we can give them a go against my Alexandrian army. I still need to paint up a fair few more units for that army but in the short term will have to focus on my Persians so to have enough for a decent sized game.



Also don't forget the giveaway I have started for Voices From The Napoleonic Wars which closes on the 26th August. You can go to the post by clicking HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Impressive Levy units, mass effect is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the idea, when these armies clash I want it to look big, lots of figures to go round

      Ian

      Delete
  2. I can't deny just how impressive they look as a mass Ian, I just wouldn't be able to cope with the scale - amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saying this Michael but it's easier than you think. Main thing is not to try and paint it like a 28mm and things go well from there :-)

      Ian

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.